Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A reflection on change

I am one of those people who need change in my journey. I get complacent and don't feel like I'm moving if I do the same thing day after day after day. Whether it's in my personal or work life, I need to try something new. I'm not a thrill seeker so jumping out of airplanes is not in my future, but I need adventure to live.

I love to take the “road less traveled" and find something unexpected. Looking around the next corner without knowing what's there gives me the thrill that I crave. It's in the unexpected that my soul springs forth and thrives.

It can be simple things like my Rose bush blooming when I thought it didn't survive the harsh winter.
It is watching my new patio come to life and imagining the joy I will feel when I get to use it for the first time. It is being privileged to see a new baby in the arms of a mother for the very first time.

Change can come suddenly or it can come slowly, but change always comes. Change can bring me joy or difficulty or it can make me very sad.  Unexpected change has happened that has turned my life 180 degrees. Yet, goodness and mercy has always helped me through. Trust is the key for me in any change, that God is with me and walking with me through it.

My journey continues.  Around the next corner, I don't know what is there, but I have an open heart and mind, and I am again moving.  My soul is awake and I anticipate newness again.

No comments:

Post a Comment